Songs of Praise - ongoing thoughts & opinions

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
I know when I think of heroes of the faith, I think of Eamonn Holmes. Why isn't he listed in Hebrews 11 again? :rolleyes:

Special episode in regard to Belfast and the Titanic, so they roll out "Those In Peril On The Sea". Lazy.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
"Why do they sing so slowly?" :D

I'd like to ask why none of the Churches they go to ever has a projector. Local printers must love Songs of Praise coming to town.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Felt bad yesterday, they played one song (I think it was "Thine Be The Glory") and my wife pointed out we had sung that earlier that day. The reason I felt bad? Our worship leader actually did a really good job with it, felt like I should have remembered it.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
What on earth did that Joe McElderry song have to do with anything?

This week's show is more about pushy music teachers than anything else. Really quite dull. :(

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Genuine question - what was that Messy Church about? Looked more like a nursery than anything else, forgive me if that is harsh and inaccurate.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
I know this makes me a bad person, but whenever I hear "Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah" I think of Victor Meldrew in a traffic jam.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Loved the lady last night who looked utterly miserable to be in the congregation. Nice work! I think that was about 15 seconds after a large row with absolutely zero men was shown.

(Was nice to hear a few songs I'd call favourites, admittedly.)