New version of vBulletin (with updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
New version of vBulletin

At some point in the next month the vBulletin 3.0.0 will reach the final release stage. At this point we will (briefly) shut the board and upgrade the board here.

Some of you may be on boards where version 3 beta versions are already being used. If so you will probably already like what is available to you (like the "New Posts" button on every page, especially for Jazz ;)).

We will attempt to keep the inconvenience to a minimum, and will keep you all as up to date in regard to all the developments.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Please be aware that we will be upgrading to vBulletin version 3 (release candidate 4) this Saturday 7th February, at some point between 3pm and 6pm. The board will be closed for a few hours during this time.

Release candidate 4 is the last step before a full version comes out, and should be stable for use here.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Open again

Open again! Took a little while longer than I thought it would, mainly due to the size of files that were uploaded.

If you see any bugs/problems let me know on this thread.

Thanks.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Still getting used to it myself! Lots of things to explore and find out about.

Got to get the front page sorted a.s.a.p. Feeds aren't looking right at the moment.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
That's all the front page feeds bar the users online one sorted out. To be fair I need to find a better version of the users online script anyway.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
My head is spinning at the moment. There's a lot to take in just now.

That's the quick reply box re-enabled anyway.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
For anyone who doesn't know, when I installed this each user's data/avatar/etc. was shown in a big horizontal line above the post. I've just changed it back to the old style - if people like the other style please let me know.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Updated to 3.0.5 last night. Sorry if anyone was trying to log-on at the time and wasn't able to browse the site.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Just seen news and notes on the release of version 3.7. Looks pretty awesome actually. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.