Jerry Springer : The Opera.

lawrensons

CoffE Moderator
Staff member
i am quite annoyed about this whole thing actaully. I mean, not only am i annoyed at the fact the the BBC is choosing to air this rubbiish (not that I have seen it mind you) but I'm also annoyed at the fact that people think that by sending me 1/2 dozen emails telling me all about it, that i should write to this person and that person (usually all with wrong links) that things will change! Here are the unfortunate facts:

1. This show has been on stage in london for the last two years - where were the protests then? We should have been protesting long before. The horse has already bolted.

2. 15,00+ complaints to the BBC won't change anything even though there are 3 times complaints than from any other production.

3. By sending emails (with every good intention) making me aware of the show only serves to give the producers exactly want they want - more publicity. Had I not received emails about it I would never have known about it! What better way to advertise! Newspapers and news programs on tv have all run stories about the amount of complaints - the show itself has had some aweful reviews. I wonder how many people will watch because they received an email - the more people that watch of course, the more it will get repeated on tv.

Don't get me wrong - i think this is an aweful production - but I don't think giving these people free advertising is a good idea!

Stuart Kirkham

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't realise the horrific blasphemy of this production until Christian Voice e-mailed me, neither did I realise that it had been on The London Stage for a while. Yes there should have been protests then, BUT, Christian Voice ARE making a stand now and I feel they should have the support of ALL true believers. Christians need to stand up and be counted either by praying and protesting outside the BBC studios or praying at home, yes I know this feeds the media publicity machine, BUT we should not sit idly by when God is blasphemed! Evil triumphs when men of good will do nothing.
God Bless,
Stuart.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
lawrensons said:
i am quite annoyed about this whole thing actaully. I mean, not only am i annoyed at the fact the the BBC is choosing to air this rubbiish (not that I have seen it mind you) but I'm also annoyed at the fact that people think that by sending me 1/2 dozen emails telling me all about it, that i should write to this person and that person (usually all with wrong links) that things will change! Here are the unfortunate facts:

1. This show has been on stage in london for the last two years - where were the protests then? We should have been protesting long before. The horse has already bolted.

2. 15,00+ complaints to the BBC won't change anything even though there are 3 times complaints than from any other production.

3. By sending emails (with every good intention) making me aware of the show only serves to give the producers exactly want they want - more publicity. Had I not received emails about it I would never have known about it! What better way to advertise! Newspapers and news programs on tv have all run stories about the amount of complaints - the show itself has had some aweful reviews. I wonder how many people will watch because they received an email - the more people that watch of course, the more it will get repeated on tv.

Don't get me wrong - i think this is an aweful production - but I don't think giving these people free advertising is a good idea!
Fully agree.

Stuart Kirkham

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sorry but I must disagree with you both. This "Opera" is an abomination as was the stage play which preceeded it (The nature of which I was unaware, otherwise I would have been vehement in my protests) Christian Voice is one of the few Christian organisations who REALLY contend for the faith in these matters. The Holy Name of GOD is blasphemed in a despicable and cowardly way on stage by third rate pagan humanist "freethinkers" and believers by and large "turn the other cheek". NO, this is NOT RIGHT.We have a duty to stand up and be counted and confront these evil people and make it plain to them the consequences of their actions, God is NOT mocked. These "enlightened" intellectuals dare not mock Islam in this way, but Christians are an easy target, I for one am sick and tired of it and I feel very angry and disturbed that this VILE production ever reached the London stage in the first place, never mind being broadcast on TV. UGH!!!
Stuart. :mad:

lawrensons

CoffE Moderator
Staff member
I'm sorry but I must disagree with you both. This "Opera" is an abomination as was the stage play which preceeded it (The nature of which I was unaware, otherwise I would have been vehement in my protests) Christian Voice is one of the few Christian organisations who REALLY contend for the faith in these matters. The Holy Name of GOD is blasphemed in a despicable and cowardly way on stage by third rate pagan humanist "freethinkers" and believers by and large "turn the other cheek". NO, this is NOT RIGHT.We have a duty to stand up and be counted and confront these evil people and make it plain to them the consequences of their actions, God is NOT mocked. These "enlightened" intellectuals dare not mock Islam in this way, but Christians are an easy target, I for one am sick and tired of it and I feel very angry and disturbed that this VILE production ever reached the London stage in the first place, never mind being broadcast on TV. UGH!!!
Stuart.
Again, I aggree with you - but I believe the method of protest to be wrong. I dare say if those protesting outside the TV studios had been hiding themselves away, on their faces before the Lord then things might change.

2 Chronicles 7:14 says: if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

In the bible prayer is always the answer to national rebellion, not protest.

Stuart Kirkham

Super Moderator
Staff member
lawrensons said:
Again, I aggree with you - but I believe the method of protest to be wrong. I dare say if those protesting outside the TV studios had been hiding themselves away, on their faces before the Lord then things might change.

2 Chronicles 7:14 says: if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

In the bible prayer is always the answer to national rebellion, not protest.
2 Chronicles 7:14 is well known verse used by Intercessors for Britain for their weekly Prayer for The Nation.
Yes Prayer is always the answer, and Christian Voice have been praying, are still praying and will continue praying regarding this abominable production. You say yourself that you wouldn't have known about the play and the protests if you hadn't received the e-mails. Well there you are, once you knew about it you had the opportunity to pray, like myself. I know that Stephen Green , Christian Voice and the other protestors wouldn't have taken the course of action they did unless they had a clear leading from The Lord to do so. The protests were legitimate and peaceful. I don't believe it should end there, these creeps who were responsible for broadcasting this atrocity on national television should be bombarded with e-mails and letters from Christians, also MPs including Tony Blair himself should be made aware that the broadcasting of this blasphemy has cheapened and demeaned us all.
There are times when Prayer leads to action and Christians should stand up , be counted, and FIGHT!
Stuart. :mad: :mad:

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Just as a thought, how do people find out how many swear words there are in this?

My reason for asking is this. Who isn't to say the initial source isn't someone from the show itself? Someone then suggests promoting this "fact" will get a bit of attention and before you know it people like us are doing their advertising for them.

However I've got more time for the likes of Antony Pitts, who after watching the show has left the BBC (full story).

Nikita

2. 15,00+ complaints to the BBC won't change anything even though there https://zumbaliciouscrew.com/en/zumba-for-beginners/ are 3 times complaints than from any other production.

It sounds like you're frustrated with the situation surrounding the airing of a particular show by the BBC. It can be disheartening when you feel like your voice isn't being heard or that your efforts to protest may not make a difference.

You raise valid points about the effectiveness of complaints and the unintended consequence of giving the producers free publicity through emails and media coverage. It's understandable to feel annoyed by this dynamic.

While it may seem like the situation is beyond your control, there are still actions you can take if you feel strongly about the issue. You could consider channeling your energy into supporting causes or organizations that align with your values, or engaging in constructive dialogue with others who share your concerns. Sometimes, collective action and community support can lead to meaningful change, even in seemingly daunting circumstances.

Remember that it's okay to feel frustrated and to express your opinions, but also try to focus on finding ways to positively impact the issues that matter most to you.