Gen 9:3-29 devotions

Genesis 9:3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Genesis 9:3 Expanded Bible (EXB)

3 “Everything that moves, everything that is alive, is yours for food. Earlier I gave you the green plants [1:29–30], but now I give you everything for food.

Expanded Bible (EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

God granted us to eat meat because He knew if gives our body’s physical strength.

Genesis 9:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Genesis 9:4 Expanded Bible (EXB)

4 But you must not eat ·meat [flesh] that still has blood in it, because blood ·gives [L is] life [Lev. 3:17; 7:26–27; 17:10–14].

Expanded Bible (EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

Life is precious, regardless of what the world today says.

Genesis 9:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Genesis 9:4 Expanded Bible (EXB)

4 But you must not eat ·meat [flesh] that still has blood in it, because blood ·gives [L is] life [Lev. 3:17; 7:26–27; 17:10–14].

These are my thoughts.

Life is sacred, it is by our blood we are born into sin but it by His blood that we become free from sin.

Genesis 9:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Genesis 9:6 Expanded Bible (EXB)

6 “Whoever ·kills[L sheds the blood of]a human being
will ·be killed[L have his blood shed]by a human being,
because God made humans
in ·his own image[L the image of God;1:26–27].

Expanded Bible(EXB)The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

Those that murder should be brought to justice.

Genesis 9:5King James Version (KJV)

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

Genesis 9:5Expanded Bible (EXB)

5 I will ·demand[require;L seek]blood for life. I will ·demand[require;L seek]the life of any animal that kills a person, and I will ·demand[require;L seek]the life of anyone who takes another person’s life.

Expanded Bible(EXB)The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

Gods wants justice and not endless bloodshed.

Genesis 9:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.

Genesis 9:7Expanded Bible (EXB)

7 “As for you, Noah, ·I want you and your family to have many children, to grow in number on the earth, and to become many[L be fruitful and multiply, swarm/teem over the earth and multiply on it;9:1].”

Expanded Bible(EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

Having children is not just a blessing from God but is an act of obedience.

Genesis 9:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,

Genesis 9:8 Expanded Bible (EXB)

8 Then God said to Noah and his sons,

Expanded Bible(EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

God’s word is important and should be something we take to heart and listen to.

Genesis 9:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;

Genesis 9:9 Expanded Bible (EXB)

9 “·Now[orLook]I am making my ·agreement[covenant; treaty;6:18]with you and your ·people[seed]·who will live after you[L after you],

These are my thoughts.

This covenant was established thru Noah by God but God would later give a covenant established in Jesus.

Genesis 9:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.

Genesis 9:10 Expanded Bible (EXB)

10 and with every living thing that is with you—the birds, the ·tame[livestock; cattle]and the wild animals, and with everything that came out of the ·boat[ark]with you—with every living thing on earth.

These are my thoughts.

Even though we go out that does not mean we leave the Lord’s protection.

Genesis 9:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

Genesis 9:12 Expanded Bible (EXB)

12 And God said, “This is the sign[C a symbol that represents this relationship between God and Noah;17:11;Ex. 31:13,17]of the ·agreement[covenant; treaty;6:18]between me and you and every living creature that is with you for all future generations.

These are my thoughts.
God’s word is everlasting just as He is.

Genesis 9:11King James Version (KJV)
11 And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

Genesis 9:11Expanded Bible (EXB)

11 I ·make[establish]this ·agreement[covenant; treaty;6:18]with you: ·I will never again destroy all living things by a flood[L a flood will never again cut off all flesh]. A flood will never again destroy the earth.”

These are my thoughts.

God covenants are kept so this is something you can count on.

Genesis 9:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

Genesis 9:13 Expanded Bible (EXB)

13 I am putting my ·rainbow[bow;C may represent God hanging up his weapon after warring against humanity]in the clouds as the sign of the ·agreement[covenant; treaty;6:18]between me and the earth.

These are my thoughts.

God’s promise can still be seen today, His greatest promise is remembered by a cross and empty grave.

Genesis 9:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

Genesis 9:12 Expanded Bible (EXB)

12 And God said, “This is the sign[C a symbol that represents this relationship between God and Noah;17:11;Ex. 31:13,17]of the ·agreement[covenant; treaty;6:18]between me and you and every living creature that is with you for all future generations.

These are my thoughts.

God’s covenants and promises last forever.

Genesis 9:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

Genesis 9:14 Expanded Bible (EXB)

14 When I bring clouds over the earth and a ·rainbow[bow]appears in them,

These are my thoughts.

Because of Noah’s faith in the Lord I can see starting to look for the bow and smile knowing God’s promises are true and they are still as true today.

Genesis 9:15King James Version (KJV)
15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh

Genesis 9:15Expanded Bible (EXB)

15 I will remember my ·agreement[covenant; treaty;6:18]between me and you and every living thing[L of all flesh]. [L The waters of the]Floods will never again destroy all ·life on the earth[L flesh].

These are my thoughts.

God keeps His covenants and when need to do our part by remembering this.

Genesis 9:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

Genesis 9:16-17 Expanded Bible (EXB)

16 When the ·rainbow[bow]appears in the clouds, I will see it and I will remember the ·agreement that continues forever[L eternal covenant]between me and every living thing[L of all flesh]on the earth.”

17 So God said to Noah, “·The rainbow[L This]is a ·sign[9:12]of the ·agreement[covenant; treaty;6:18]that I made with all living things on earth.”

These are my thoughts.

16 God did not need the bow to remind Him, He never forgets His promises, the bow is for us to remember His promise.

17 The covenant is still today because it was given to those who have life, which means all people so it is still in effect today.

Genesis 9:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.

Genesis 9:19 Expanded Bible (EXB)

19 These three men were Noah’s sons, and all the people on earth ·came[spread out;see the genealogy inch. 10]from these three sons.

These are my thoughts.

The whole earth restarted with these three men and their wives. As Christians we have a restart when we first come to Christ when then can truly live.

Genesis 9:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan.

Genesis 9:18 Expanded Bible (EXB)
Noah and His Sons
18 The sons of Noah who came out of the ·boat[ark]with him were Shem, Ham, and Japheth. (Ham was the father of Canaan.)

These are my thoughts.

We as Christians have to leave and go out into the world for Christ just as they left the safety of the ark we are to go out but we go with the Lord and follow Him on the Way.

Genesis 9:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:

Genesis 9:20 Expanded Bible (EXB)

20 Noah ·became a farmer[L was the first man of the ground/soil]and planted a vineyard.

These are my thoughts.

Noah began to work again, we are meant to work and not have everything handed to us, and the greatest work is that, which we do for the Lord,

Genesis 9:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

Genesis 9:21 Expanded Bible (EXB)

21 When he drank ·wine made from his grapes[L the wine], he became drunk and lay ·naked[uncovered]in his tent.

These are my thoughts.

Sin often times makes us prone to problems.