Gen 88-11 weekly devotion

Genesis 8:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;
Genesis 8:8 Expanded Bible (EXB)

8 Then Noah sent out a dove to find out if the water had ·dried up [subsided] from the ground.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
God will in time send the waters away in our life.

Genesis 8:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
Genesis 8:9 Expanded Bible (EXB)
9 The dove could not find a place to ·land [set/rest its foot] because water still covered the earth, so it came back to the ·boat [ark]. Noah reached out his hand and took the bird and brought it back into the boat.

Expanded Bible (EXB)

These are my thoughts.
When we can not find rest Jesus will always be there to take us in.

Genesis 8:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;

Genesis 8:10 Expanded Bible (EXB)

10 After [L waiting] seven days Noah again sent out the dove from the ·boat [ark],

Expanded Bible (EXB)

These are my thoughts.
Sometimes we have to keep waiting on Him for us to act.

Genesis 8:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

Genesis 8:11 Expanded Bible (EXB)

11 and that evening it came back to him with a fresh olive leaf in its ·mouth [beak]. Then Noah knew that the ·ground was almost dry [L waters had subsided from the ground].

Expanded Bible (EXB)

These are my thoughts.
A dove with olive leaf in its beak symbolizes God’s Spirit bringing peace which would happen soon, peace and only be brought to us through the power of the Holy Spirit.