Gen 8:2-4 weekly devotion

Genesis 8:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was
restrained;

Genesis 8:2 Expanded Bible (EXB)

2 The ·underground springs [fountains/springs of the deep] stopped flowing, and the ·clouds [floodgates; windows] in the ·sky [heavens] ·stopped pouring down rain [L were closed and the rain from the sky/heavens were restrained].

Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
God will see us past the hard times.

Genesis 8:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated.

Genesis 8:3 Expanded Bible (EXB)

The water that covered the earth began to ·go down [recede]. After one hundred fifty days ·it [L the waters] had ·gone down [abated] so much that the ·boat [ark] touched land again. It came to rest on one of the mountains of Ararat [C in ancient Urartu, present-day eastern Turkey] on the seventeenth day of the seventh month.

Expanded Bible (EXB)

These are my thoughts.
150 days it is interesting that God mentioned man’s was to last 150 years and the waters lasted 150 days.

Genesis 8:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

Genesis 8:4 Expanded Bible (EXB)

The water that covered the earth began to ·go down [recede]. After one hundred fifty days ·it [L the waters] had ·gone down [abated] so much that the ·boat [ark] touched land again. It came to rest on one of the mountains of Ararat [C in ancient Urartu, present-day eastern Turkey] on the seventeenth day of the seventh month.

Expanded Bible (EXB)

These are my thoughts.
The ark rested, our rest comes thru Christ.