Gen 8:18-21 weekly devotion

Genesis 8:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 And Noah went forth, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him:

Genesis 8:18 Expanded Bible (EXB)
18 So Noah went out with his sons, his wife, and his sons’ wives.

Expanded Bible (EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

They were now going to start things over.

Genesis 8:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 Every beast, every creeping thing, and every fowl, and whatsoever creepeth upon the earth, after their kinds, went forth out of the ark.

Genesis 8:19 Expanded Bible (EXB)
19 Every ·animal [living thing], everything that ·crawls [creeps] on the earth, and every bird [L and everything that crawls/creeps] went out of the ·boat [ark] by families.

Expanded Bible (EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

We have to come out of our comfort zone to grow, this does not mean the Lord leaves us, He is with us there if keep with Him.

Genesis 8:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

Genesis 8:20 Expanded Bible (EXB)

20 Then Noah built an altar [C a place to offer sacrifices] to the Lord. He took some of all the clean [C in a ritual sense] birds and ·animals [beasts; livestock], and he ·burned them on the altar as offerings to God [L offered a whole burnt offering on the altar; Lev. 1].

These are my thoughts.

He gave to the Lord part of what was left, we as Christians show He is Lord by keeping nothing from Him.

Genesis 8:21 King James Version (KJV)

21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Genesis 8:21 Expanded Bible (EXB)

21 The Lord ·was pleased with these sacrifices [L smelled the sweet savor/smell] and said ·to himself [L in his heart], “I will never again curse the ground because of human beings. ·Their thoughts [The inclination of their hearts] are evil even ·when [from the time] they are young, but I will never again destroy every living thing on the earth as I did this time.

These are my thoughts.

True worship that comes from our hearts to the Lord brings joy to His heart.