Gen 11

Genesis 11:1

KJV 1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

KJ2000 1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

These are my thoughts.
Today the earth is many different languages so it was very different then.

Genesis 11:2

KJV 2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

KJ2000 2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

These are my thoughts.
It is good for us to dwell in good land but the best is when we dwell in the Lord and journey with Him.

Genesis 11:3

KJV 3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar.

KJ2000 3 And they said one to another, Come, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and bitumen had they for mortar.

These are my thoughts.
It is good to have tasks and goals but not if God isn’t leading them.

Genesis 11:4

KJV 4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

KJ2000 4 And they said, Come, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

These are my thoughts.
They wanted to make their names equal to that of God, there will never be a name as great at the name of Jesus.

Genesis 11:5

KJV 5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

KJ2000 5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men built.

These are my thoughts.
The Lord is always watching what we are doing.

Genesis 11:6

KJV 6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

KJ2000 6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people are one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

These are my thoughts.
This meant that any evil could happen from man. We don’t need to stand together against God’s will but come together in His will.

Genesis 11:7

KJV 7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

KJ2000 7 Come, let us go down, and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

These are my thoughts.
This is why there are different languages because the evil of man was so united that God change them to where sin didn’t prevail at that time.

Genesis 11:8

KJV 8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

KJ2000 8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from there upon the face of all the earth: and they left off building the city.

These are my thoughts.
They weren’t willing to move on their own and now the Lord Himself moves the people.

Genesis 11:9

KJV 9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

KJ2000 9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confuse the language of all the earth: and from there did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

These are my thoughts.
Different languages now are a result from this sin but God can break barriers of language because He made that barrier.

Genesis 11:10

KJV 10 These are the generations of Shem: Shem was an hundred years old, and begat Arphaxad two years after the flood:

KJ2000 10 These are the generations of Shem: Shem was a hundred years old, and begat Arpachshad two years after the flood:

These are my thoughts.
So life continued after the flood because of this we exist today.

Genesis 11:11

KJV 11 And Shem lived after he begat Arphaxad five hundred years, and begat sons and daughters.

KJ2000 11 And Shem lived after he begat Arpachshad five hundred years, and begat sons and daughters.

These are my thoughts.
Life and death happened but he left children, his legacy.

Genesis 11:12

KJV 12 And Arphaxad lived five and thirty years, and begat Salah:

KJ2000 12 And Arpachshad lived five and thirty years, and begat Shelah:

These are my thoughts.
Even though we may not know much about these men, God had a great plan and they were part of it, are we submitting to His great plan.

Genesis 11:13

KJV 13 And Arphaxad lived after he begat Salah four hundred and three years, and begat sons and daughters.

KJ2000 13 And Arpachshad lived after he begat Shelah four hundred and three years, and begat sons and daughters.

These are my thoughts.
The family grows, we should grow the heavenly family.

Genesis 11:16

KJV 16 And Eber lived four and thirty years, and begat Peleg:

KJ2000 16 And Eber lived four and thirty years, and begat Peleg:

These are my thoughts.
Pele g lived during the time of the fall of Babel.

Genesis 11:17

KJV 17 And Eber lived after he begat Peleg four hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters.

KJ2000 17 And Eber lived after he begat Peleg four hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters.

These are my thoughts.
430 years is a long life, today people don’t live that long but we see his legacy is in his children, ours needs to be in the Lord.

Genesis 11:18

KJV 18 And Peleg lived thirty years, and begat Reu:

KJ2000 18 And Peleg lived thirty years, and begat Reu:

These are my thoughts.
This starts the people being born after Babel.

Genesis 11:19

KJV 19 And Peleg lived after he begat Reu two hundred and nine years, and begat sons and daughters.

KJ2000 19 And Peleg lived after he begat Reu two hundred and nine years, and begat sons and daughters.

These are my thoughts.
So life goes on after the land and people are divided at Babel.