Gen 10

Genesis 10:16
KJV 16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite,
KJ2000 16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgashite,

These are my thoughts.
Jebusites were those that lived in Jerusalem prior to them being forced out by the Israelites. Amorites lived in Mesopotamia. Girgasites lived east of the Sea of Galilee.

Genesis 10:24
KJV 24 And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Salah begat Eber.
KJ2000 24 And Arpachshad begat Shelah; and Shelah begat Eber.

These are my thoughts.
Arpachshad was born two years after the flood to Shem.
Shelah was either the son or grandson of Arpachshad.
Eber was what the name Hebrew comes from. Israel/ Jacob would have been 20 years old when he died.

Genesis 10:18
KJV 18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad.
KJ2000 18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad.

These are my thoughts.
Arvadites lived on an island off the coast of Syria.
Zemarites lived in Sumra at the west of Lebanon.
Hamathites lived in western Syria.

Genesis 10:26
KJV 26 And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,
KJ2000 26 And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,

These are my thoughts.
These are children that are descendents of Eber, who the name Hebrew comes from but this would not be the line of the Jews.

Genesis 10:20
KJV 20 These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.
KJ2000 20 These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.

These are my thoughts.
It was Ham that caused the curse on Canaan. We carry a curse from Adam but thru Christ we are redeemed.

Genesis 10:28

KJV 28 And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba,

KJ2000 28 And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba,

These are my thoughts.

Obal was also known by the name Ebal, this maybe a reference to Baal.

Abimael dwelled in northern Arabia, his name means my father is God, so we see a generation of possible Baal worship to the true worship of the Lord.

Sheba was south Arabia.

Genesis 10:22
KJV 22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
KJ2000 22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arpachshad, and Lud, and Aram.

These are my thoughts.
Shem this would be where the Israelites were descended from.

Genesis 10:30
KJV 30 And their dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest unto Sephar a mount of the east.
KJ2000 30 And their territory was from Mesha, as you go unto Sephar a mount of the east.

These are my thoughts.
They each had their place, the best place we can be is in the presence of the Lord.

Genesis 10:24
KJV 24 And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Salah begat Eber.
KJ2000 24 And Arpachshad begat Shelah; and Shelah begat Eber.

These are my thoughts.
Eber is said to be where the term Hebrew came from.

Genesis 10:32

KJV 32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

KJ2000 32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

These are my thoughts.
This would be the people that would start the earth again, we all come from one of these people.

Genesis 10:31

KJV 31 These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.

KJ2000 31 These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.

These are my thoughts.
This is the man the Jewish people would come from, Shem was blessed.