Coronavirus Outbreak discussion

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
We're still well in the midst of this. Churches in the UK remain closed. There are lots of other significant questions regarding this, and this is the thread to discuss them in.

Alex1066

I.T. has come into it’s own I think God has used it to grow with our friends in many different ways.
I do hope the Church continues to use these facilities for the body & the public.
We’ve been plugged in & recharged for the betterment of His Kingdoms growth in the near future.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Evangelicals are looking for answers online. They’re finding QAnon instead
Suddenly he understood that his efforts to protect his congregation from covid-19 had contributed to a different sort of infection. Like thousands of other church leaders across the United States, Frailey had shut down in-person services in March to help prevent the spread of the virus. Without these gatherings, some of his churchgoers had turned instead to Facebook, podcasts, and viral memes for guidance. And QAnon, a movement with its own equivalents of scripture, prophecies, and clergy, was there waiting for them.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Churches say no to second lockdown (presented without comment)
We have a big student population at our church and even before lockdown we were seeing a rise in people seeking help with their mental health. The church is one of the most Covid-secure places you can go. Amongst everything else, it’s vital that we don’t stop face to face pastoral care.

Shandy

Best news for a long time. Are all your churches open in Scotland?
I live in Manchster. I don't think many are open.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Meant to be able to open from Friday. Maximum of 50 people, providing that people can socially distance from one another.

MatijaSever

I.T. has come into it’s own I think God has used it to grow with our friends in many different ways. swashbuckler miniature
I do hope the Church continues to use these facilities for the body & the public. https://sharpedgeshop.com/collections/tojiro
We’ve been plugged in & recharged for the betterment of His Kingdoms growth in the near future.
t's wonderful to see how technology has played a role in connecting and growing with friends. I share your hope that the Church continues to leverage these tools for the benefit of the community, both within and beyond.

Last edited:

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
O/T as in Old Testament? And in this case in terms of food laws? Not disagreeing, just making sure I understand your meanings.

There was an item on the UK news last night about a baby who was murdered during lockdown. Social services were having difficulty in visiting, in part because of lockdowns. It was a very upsetting story.