another week

lawrensons

CoffE Moderator
Staff member
4U2C

a hectic week has just passed. some of the most intense spiritual battles have been fought and are still being fought. I feel completely drained both physically and spiritually. I'm realising more and more the need for hardcore discipleship - especailly to the spiritually vunerable.

this if course bears fruit in my family. My mind has been elsewhere for much of the week. My family is all sick with the flu.
In addition to all of this i still have sunday's bible teaching to prepare and my tax return to fill out and send.

Todays verse: 2 Kings 1:1 - "Moab rebelled against Israel after the death of Ahab." Seems a strange verse to have doesn't it? Moab means "seed" & Israel means "God who strives". I guess the application is: "Is there a seed of sin in my life that i need to repent of before it germinates into rebleiion against Israel, the "God who strives"?"

lawrensons

CoffE Moderator
Staff member
a much quieter week, this week. Not much has happened really.

our planned house move has been put on hold for the time being because the people buying our buyers house has pulled out. Not a major drama because we aren't ready to move house yet :). Still, it was a little disappointing when we found out.

Other than that .... church is growing - we are continuing to open ourselves up to the community and they are slowly bearing fruit.

Family wise, well that is alwasy a struggle. Homeschooling has its benefits but also means that my wife never gets a break. Bloos has a much lower boiling point that i thought ;)

This weeks verse, again from 2 Kings: this time from verses 2&3: Now Ahaziah fell through the lattice of his upper room in Samaria, and was injured; so he sent messengers and said to them, "Go, inquire of Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron, whether I shall recover from this injury." But the angel of the Lord said to Elijah the Tishbite, "Arise, go up to meet the messengers of the king of Samaria, and say to them, 'Is it because there is no God in Israel that you are going to inquire of Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron?'

Ahaziah menas "Yahwah has grasped", looks like in this case Yahwah loosed his grip!

instead of going to the One that is able to give everlasting life he went to Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron (god of flies, god of extermination)

Interesting that he would go to the god of extermination to help him in his hour of need. This reminds me that the devil can only add to the misery that alread exists - he can never take it away. (see also Jannes and Jambres in Exodus 7:22)

Amos 5:4 - "Seek Me and Live"

lawrensons

CoffE Moderator
Staff member
i'm not really that bothered about journals.

thought it was cool ... i like to read Toneboys - but he is much more interesting than me (and seems to have a heck of a lot of time on his hands to be able to write).

anyway, enough whinging. what am i doing? not much (thats why i've got time to be here). Getting ready for a night on the town ... actaully just going over to a friends house.

So .... still trying to sell my house. Not much success at the moment.

my wife is starting to show. Well, when I say "my wife" i really meen the baby INSIDE my wife is starting to show. Here scan is next week. I'm getting nervous. This is our fourth child and NEVER has anyone mentions the "TWIN" word. But now strangers and friends both say "I bet it's twins".

" JUST SHUT UP! IT'S NOT TWINS"

please don't let it be twins :pray:

Well, we shall see.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
lawrensons said:
i'm not really that bothered about journals.

thought it was cool ... i like to read Toneboys - but he is much more interesting than me (and seems to have a heck of a lot of time on his hands to be able to write).
No comment. :cool:
lawrensons said:
my wife is starting to show. Well, when I say "my wife" i really meen the baby INSIDE my wife is starting to show. Here scan is next week. I'm getting nervous. This is our fourth child and NEVER has anyone mentions the "TWIN" word. But now strangers and friends both say "I bet it's twins".

Well, we shall see.
Didn't know Lorrie was expecting again. Congratulations from Lainy and I. :p

Lainy

lawrensons said:

Well, we shall see.
You haven't said when the baby is due.

I bet it's twins. ;)

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Is No Name Yet some sort of abbreviated version Yvette? We've got a strange names thread around here somewhere if you want to post on that. ;)